28th October 2020
Choosing to hire your own rental van is a great way to gain independence for your errand. It can, however, come with some areas which require extra focus and knowledge, after all, not everyone is a pro van driver or even a regular hirer. Here are our top tips on hiring a van for all occasions.
2. Choose the right person for the job. Now, it’s not every day that you might drive a large van, so choose a confident driver for the job. If you’re hiring a Luton Van for example, these are quite large in size and are very different to driving a car or a small van, make your journey as easy as possible and know who’s driving it before pick up. Secondly, double check your rental companies policy on age, as there is often an age requirement when hiring a car of van so is a good thing to know before you commit to anything to save you from any frustration.
3. Look into the terms and conditions. Unlike our company, there are some that don’t make their terms and conditions easily readable for their customers. We are very upfront with any additional costs and won’t keep you in the dark, ensuring that everything is clear before you hire. Things to look into or bring up would be:
– If insurance is included in your rental cost
– If there is a late policy
– What is the breakdown cover, if there is one
– What are the fuel conditions, for example, does the fuel have to come back full?
4. Walkthrough your vehicle before you leave, this is to make sure you’re aware of any damages to the vehicle before you hire it out, to avoid you from being given an unwanted invoice. It’s crucial to insist that the company do this with you.
5. Following on from the above, get your hire company to talk you through your vehicle. Vans can be very different to drive and you’ll want to feel confident knowing how to work everything before you leave. If you’re hiring a Luton Van, ask your chosen company to show you how to work the tail lift so you’re all clued up. We will always go through our vans with you and as most of our vans offer new technology and equipment, we want you to be as comfortable as possible before you leave us.
Here at Trott Rentals, we pride ourselves on our customer service, putting this first in front of anything else, along with offering competitive prices and ensuring that all of our vans are kept in the best condition possible. If you’re looking for van hire in Norwich, contact us today, or book your chosen van hire online today.